Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Stoped at the one out side of fredricksberg VA. Hurrican Ian was hitting us on road trip had to stop for the night.

Got my room everything was great.. was told $170 after tax. Didnt think twice about it I said great thanks. Got to my room.

Nastiest candle wood Ive ever been in. Stains all over the bed. Hair all over everything. Bathroom was somewhat clean.

For a $170 hotel room I figured it would be better. Not sure if these were hurricane markups using everyone for having to stop driving. Got the email today for my transaction. It was $201 for a nasty hotel room.

Not only that I randomly got charged $20 extra dollars I was never told about and no description of what it was for. Also was never put in my receipt. Ill never stay at another IHG hotel. Between that experience and previous member trying to scammed out of money at other IHG hotel there in Fredericksburg VA, the front desk guy said well technically I cant sell you these rooms but because hurricane I will.

We just cant sell them because they dont have shower curtains. But if you want this you pay for it in cash I can give you money off the room sinse its not on the books.

I replied No thank you and left. Your entire company will never have my business again.

User's recommendation: Never use them.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Candlewood Suites Cons: Dirty hotel, Overcharged.

Comments